City of Greenville/VisitGreenvilleSC (VGSC) General Volunteer Service Agreement & Release
1. Age of Majority and Commitment to Perform. I am eighteen (18) years of age or older, or I am having a parent or guardian sign the consent and release provided below. I understand and agree to the volunteer duties that I have signed up for through the City of Greenville/VisitGreenvilleSC
2. Volunteer not Employee. I understand and agree that my volunteer service is in no way an offer of or employment by the City/VGSC and that I shall not receive, nor be entitled to receive, any compensation, reimbursement or remuneration for my participation in my volunteer service. Further I agree to release the City/VGSC from any and all claims to compensation, reimbursement, or remuneration related to my volunteer service. I also understand and agree that at no time will I be considered or deemed to be an employee of the City/VGSC, nor am I an agent for anything other than my assigned volunteer duty.
3. Services Refused. I understand and agree that the City/VGSC may refuse to accept my volunteer service at any time, whether with justification or not, and at that point I must stop providing those services and stop holding myself out as a volunteer.
4. Professional Conduct and Assigned Duties. I agree to act appropriately and in a professional, courteous manner during my volunteer service. I will not misuse funds, property or materials. I will not leave my volunteer position until a replacement volunteer arrives. I will not switch assignments with another volunteer unless directed to do so by the Volunteer Coordinator. I understand that the Volunteer Coordinator and/or designated staff have the discretion to move or re-assign volunteers, including me, as needed.
5. Age for Beer and Wine Service. I understand that only volunteers twenty-one (21) years of age and older may volunteer as beer/wine servers at City sponsored events. I understand this server age requirement and acknowledge that I must be 21 years of age to sign up as a beer/wine server. If I am less than twenty-one (21), I will inform any person who asks me to sell or serve beer or wine that I am disqualified from doing so because of my age.
6. Alcohol Consumption Prohibited. I agree not to consume beer, wine, or alcoholic beverages during my shift or while wearing a volunteer event t-shirt. Any volunteer who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be automatically turned away as a volunteer.
7. Confidential Information. I understand that during my volunteer service, I may have access to, or may observe, certain information that is proprietary to the City, VGSC, or SEC and I hereby agree not to disclose, discuss, or reveal any such information to parties outside of the City, VGSC, or SEC and to keep any records or files, confidential. I also agree to keep any information about persons or businesses that I may observe confidential and not to disclose, discuss, or reveal any such information to anyone other than those involved in my volunteer service with me. I certify that I am – and in the case of parents of guardians of minor children, my child is - in good health, has had no recent known or suspected exposure to a contagious disease, and has had no recent operation or serious illness that would interfere with his/her/my responsibilities as a City Volunteer.
8. Insurance not Provided by City, VGSC, or SEC. I understand that as a volunteer, I do not receive from the City, VGSC, or SEC any medical or workers’ compensation insurance which automatically covers me for injuries or death sustained while performing volunteer services. If I believe I need – or my child needs
- such insurance, then I am solely responsible for maintaining such insurance on my own.
9. Release from Liability. In consideration of being allowed to participate as a volunteer, I agree to release, and hold harmless the City of Greenville, VisitGreenvilleSC and Southeastern Conference including its officials, employees and agents from and against any and all losses, expenses, claims, actions, liabilities and judgments (including attorney fees through the appellate levels), which I may sustain or suffer as a result of or arising out of my participation in the volunteer service, whether caused by the negligence, action, or inaction of the City of Greenville, VGSC, or persons acting on its behalf or otherwise. I also agree that I shall be fully and solely responsible for any and all loss or damage that I inflict upon any person or upon the City’s and/or rented facilities during my participation in the volunteer service, and I will indemnify the City or VGSC for any loss it sustains as a consequence of my negligent or reckless acts or omissions.
10. Release as Broad as Permitted by Law. I understand that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of South Carolina.
11. Understanding Acknowledged and Age Attested. I acknowledge that I have fully informed myself (or my child) of the contents and meaning of this Volunteer Service Agreement & Release, and I do voluntarily sign it of my own free will and as a condition of being allowed to participate with my volunteer service. Further, by signing this agreement, I attest to the fact that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older, or that the additional signature is that of my parent or guardian.
Background criminal screens for volunteers (age 18 and over) in certain assignments may be required. Background screens are NOT required for special event volunteers at SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament., Downtown Alive, Main Street Friday’s, Artisphere, Fall for Greenville, or Red, White, and Blue. Volunteers who do not agree to a background screen may be refused assignment.
Endorsement, Agreement & Consent Parent/Legal Guardian of a Minor Volunteer
Parent or Guardian:
I hereby authorize the City of Greenville or VisitGreenvilleSC to take any steps necessary to ensure my health and/or my child’s health in case of an emergency during my volunteer service with the. I understand that neither the City of Greenville nor VisitGreenvilleSC is not responsible for any liability arising out of participation in their volunteer work. I also authorize the City of Greenville or VisitGreenvilleSC to use my name (and/or my child’s name), photograph or image for public relations purposes related to the City of Greenville volunteer program.